annie are you okay

Monday, May 29, 2006

And so I wake in the morning And I step outside And I take a deep breath and I get real high And I scream at the top of my lungs What's going on?

Well, of course, only parts of that are true...

I did wake up this morning and step outside...why? because the good folks who work at the University of Alabama do not get Memorial Day off.

I did not scream anything at the top of my lungs or otherwise. I did take a deep breath, but i don't remember that leading to any sort of "high"

i will tell you what's going on...only if you promise to take a moment and think of the song, perhaps sing it in true 4 Non Blondes fashion...followed by a "hey ey ey ey ey" (ahh, the good ol' days of music?)

So...the summer of reading and movies and learning how to use appliances has begun in full force!

Only, i have not yet learned how to use any appliances; however, I did go shopping with a friend for appliances for her new house...does that count?

I have read (1) the perks of being a wallflower...you can find it in your local bookstore in the teen section. I write that with much hesitation...aren't i too old to be shopping in teen section? Well, maybe too old, but definitely not too good, so i'll waltz over there and pick it up and buy it.

I am almost done with (2) the da vinci code...i saw the movie while only 1/2 way through the book, i don't regret it...both movie and book are good

I continue to read through (3) the chronicles of narnia...which i suppose could count as (3-9)...i'm on book 5, and they're good, my friends!

And then, i have (10-13) some other C.S. Lewis books to read, ready and waiting for me, which include the abolition of man, the great divorce, and mere christianity (there's another one about joy, but i don't remember it's title)

Followed by (14) running with scissors, which i just picked up!

I'm excited!

Further...i went and watched (a) XMen the other night...i'm not much for super heroes, but we did make up our own xmen names once, and it was kind of fun...i signed an email "Jean Gray" once, which now i feel a little strange about...oh well...i rented (b) the graduate yesterday, so that i could understand where Rumor Has It was coming from, and it too was pretty good...funny, and completes the Rumor Has It story for me, and (c) the crow..."it can't rain all the time"...that one, i think not typical of my favorite movies, but still, it was on the list and it has been conquered!

this week...the spelling bee! Wednesday during the day and then Thursday night, live on abc!

any other suggestions for movies and/or books would not be minded whatsoever!

1 Comments:

At Monday, May 29, 2006 7:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm actually about to start reading running with scissors, and i'm excited about it! i have his other book, dry, to read next. the perks of being a wallflower has been one of my favorites since high school! i'm glad you read it you should read life of pi. it's really good! and also the secret life of bees if you haven't read that already.
love!
angela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home